Full time social worker provides services in the following ways:
- Coordinates the referral and intake process with parents and their home school districts, guiding them through the admission process
- Acts as the liaison to the student's school district and assists in reporting progress and future planning for the student's educational goals
- Develops behavior plans for students who require intervention and assists staff with implementation
- Develops and coordinates a student's transitional goals and functions as a pivotal link from the education system and to adult service options.
- Inform parents of community, state or federal assistance programs for which the students or adults may be eligible
- Coordinates communication between New Horizon Center staff and outside professionals and agencies.